Study snack or night time munchie, this yogurt bowl satisfies an empty stomach and a sweet tooth.
To be honest, I’m a bit disappointed in myself. This is the first dessert I have ever written a recipe for. That is insane to me because I absolutely love dessert and eat it at any time of day. When I first made this recipe it was 3pm. This yogurt bowl is really just a snack with chocolate, so enjoy it at any time of the day 😊.
The key to having chocolate in the house and not eating it all in one sitting is to just have little wrappers of them. The chocolate pictured above is just a Dark Chocolate ghiradelli square that is sliced super thin with a knife. This also works with the little Dove chocolates that people have in their office or even leftover Halloween candy! Just a little shave of chocolate goes a long way. Above is only 1/2 of the individually wrapped square. Full disclousure: I ate the other half while making the bowl.
An important step in this helps to utilize chia to its full potential. (Did you know it can absorb up to 10x it’s own weight in water?) Let it absorb in the Greek yogurt for about 10 min prior to eating. This also helps the chia seeds texturally, when totally dry, they can be a little grainy.
If you’ve got regular (unflavored) Greek yogurt, no problem. Add 1/2 tsp vanilla extract to make it a bit more flavorful. If you’ve got another flavor (strawberry, etc) just use that! No need to discriminate.
- 3/4 cup (vanilla) Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp granola
- 1/2 dark chocolate square, sliced very thin or shaved
- Mix Greek yogurt with chia seeds and let sit in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Do something active for those ten minutes (my faves: quick yoga flow – slow sun salutations, squats + push ups, or a walk down the street)
- Remove yogurt from fridge, top with granola and shaved chocolate and enjoy 🙂